English miniseries

Susie
I am already getting ideas from this site. I watched the short miniseries, White Teeth, on Netflix yesterday. I learned a lot and was very entertained.

Re: English miniseries

Oldgit
If you happen to find 'Little Britain' be aware its nothing like us. lol

Re: English miniseries

postrophe
Well, not much

Re: English miniseries

Zella
Administrator
Susie, I thought Zadie Smith's "White Teeth" was brilliant!  I loved getting insights into "immigrant London."  I saw the mini-series based on the book too--but I'm rather surprised the book hasn't been done as a feature film.  Zadie Smith has written additional books, but, sadly, I haven't taken time to read them.

Re: English miniseries

Zella
Administrator
Lol, Dennis!  You don't think "Little Britain" exemplifies British behavior?  I shudder to think what the series writers could do with American behavior!

Re: English miniseries

Susie
Now I am watching "Bramwell". Love it!

Re: English miniseries

Zella
Administrator
Susie: Wish I had access to "Bramwell."  I just read about it, and it definitely sounds like my cup of tea!

Re: English miniseries

postrophe

Re: English miniseries

Zella
Administrator
Ohhh, thank you kindly, postrophe!  I shall definitely watch.